The main goal for anyone putting their house on the market is to sell it as soon as possible for the right amount of money. One trick that has helped many people sell their home easier and for more money is by staging their home. Staging the home is a concept that helps potential buyers picture themselves living in your home much easier. Are you interested in learning some home staging tricks? Read below!
Must-Follow Staging Tips for Selling a Home
- Focus on what counts: Not all rooms are of equal importance when staging. In order to make the best use of your time, focus on the rooms that count the most. For example, the master bedroom, kitchen and living room are 3 of the most important rooms in the house and should be staged first. If you have extra time, go back through and stage other rooms in your house as they need it.
- Declutter: One of the easiest ways to make your home look more open and organized is to declutter it. Walk through each room and pull out items that you do not need or do not add to the space. Don’t be afraid to also remove furniture pieces, because less furniture can make the room look bigger.
- Deep clean the entire house: When you are staging your home for an open house or tour, it is important to spend time thoroughly cleaning your home. Wash all of the carpets, mop all floors and clean the windows.
- Address any pet odors: If you have pets, it is important to take the time to address any pet odors. Vacuum their favorite couch, rug or sleeping spot to remove any leftover hair or pet dander. Additionally, consider adding air fresheners or deodorizing the room they are in the most often.
- Repaint with neutral tones: If your house can use a color refresh, consider painting with neutral tones. While it is nearly impossible to choose a color that will appeal to everyone, choosing a neutral color will appeal to the most amount of people.
- Don’t forget curb appeal: The first thing any potential buyer sees when they pull up to your home is the outside of it. It is important to spend time on the outside of your home to ensure it makes a good first impression. If your lawn is patchy, add more grass.
Let a Storage Unit Rental Help with Your Move!
Staging your home can be especially difficult when you still live in it while you’re trying to show it. When you have guests over, you can easily put clutter or items you do not want guests to see away in closets and the basement.
Unfortunately, when you’re showing the house, you do not have this luxury. Any potential buyer will want to see every room and storage space the house offers. When you rent a storage unit rental, you’re able to keep your home clutter free by storing sporting equipment, toys and large bulky furniture pieces in a safe and secure location. Just Store It has storage facilities in Clarksville, TN, Johnson City, TN, Kingsport, TN, Knoxville, TN, Fort Collins, CO and Palm Desert, CA. Reserve a storage unit today!