Are you planning a move in the near future? Moving can be stressful, but we’re here to help. In this post, you will find some simple packing and moving tips that will help your move go as smoothly as possible. Check them out below!
Moving Packing Tips for a Simple Move
- Look for unneeded items: The more items you have to move to your new home, the more difficult the move will be. During the months leading up to your move, spend time going through the items in your house to determine what is and is not needed. If you still have moving boxes from a previous move, consider getting rid of all of the items in the box. If you haven’t needed it for all of these years, you likely will not need it in the future. When getting rid of items, place them into piles labeled “sell”, “donate”, “give away” and “throw out”.
- Start packing early: Even if your move isn’t for a few more months, it is helpful to think ahead. Are there items you will definitely not need until you get to the new house? Pack these items now. It is helpful to get out-of-season or simply unneeded items packed up and ready to go as early as possible.
- Keep similar items together: When packing up boxes, keep all similar items together. For example, if you are packing up the kitchen, try to keep all kitchen items together. This will not only make it easier for your movers to determine where to put each box, it will also prevent you from having to dig through boxes to find what you need.
- Fill any packable items: Are you moving suitcases, duffle bags, purses and other large reusable bags? For an easier move, fill these bags with items from your house. This will make it easy to pack and transport smaller items from your house.
- Make a box of essentials: Will you need medicine, your phone charger a change of clothes or any other items as soon as you get to your new home? Pack them in a box labeled “first night box”. It’s also a good idea to pack some cleaning supplies for the kitchen and bathroom, toiletries and towels for the shower.
- Label all boxes: This step is extremely important. When packing, always label the outside of the box with a list of its contents as well as which room each box will go inside.
Make Space in Your New Home with a Storage Unit Rental!
Are you downsizing homes? If after moving in, you suddenly discover you don’t have the kind of storage space you’re used to having, consider a storage unit rental. A storage unit rental will increase the storage space available to you, which can help to keep your new home neater and more organized.
Need storage near you? When you rent with Just Store It! in Clarksville, TN, Johnson City, TN, Kingsport, TN, Knoxville, TX, Palm Desert, TN and Fort Collins, TN, there are a wide variety of storage unit sizes available, including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit. Rent a traditional or climate controlled storage unit with Just Store It! today!