Of all of the rooms in the house, the kitchen tends to get the most use. From being the scene of after school snacks, to family dinners, the kitchen truly is the heart of the household. Are you looking to get your kitchen organized for good? We’re here to help! Read this blog for 5 important kitchen organization tips.
5 Essential Kitchen Organization Tips
- Empty out all storage space in your kitchen: More than likely, there are some items in your kitchen that you do not need anymore. In order to cut down on kitchen clutter, pull everything out of your cupboards, drawers and pantries and put it on the counter in front of you.
- Sort through all items: In order to determine what you should keep and what you should get rid of, spend time sorting through all of your items and looking for broken, damaged, unneeded or duplicate items. The kitchen appliances, trinkets and dishes that are not damaged can be donated or given away. Any broken or damage kitchen items should be thrown out.
- Clean all storage spaces: Take advantage of your storage spaces being empty and clean each cabinet, drawer and pantry shelf. Use soap, water and a sponge to ensure that each location has been cleaned before placing items back into storage.
- Identify your kitchen’s pain points: Do you have too many cooking pans and not enough storage space for them? Consider hanging hooks on the wall. Are your Tupperware container and lids taking over your cabinets? Invest in a Tupperware organizer. The best way to keep your kitchen organized is to purchase solutions to your kitchen’s pain points.
- Tell your family about your organization system: After spending so much time organizing your kitchen, the last thing you want is for it to just go back to how it looked before. In order to prevent this from happening, make sure you tell your family about any changes you made to your kitchen’s organization system. For example, if you’d like the blender to be stored inside of the cupboard now and not on top of the counter, make sure your family knows about this change.
Just Store It Has Household Storage Options
When sorting through your belongings, did you find a few items that are only used a few times a year? If so, you may benefit from storing the items in a storage unit. A storage unit allows you to hold onto items that are seasonal or seldom used until you need them again. Are you looking for storage in the Clarksville, TN, Johnson City, TN, Kingsport, TN, Knoxville, TN, Fort Collins, CO and Palm Desert, CA area? Just Store It has storage facilities in these locations with a variety of sizes of storage units available to rent, including the 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 storage unit. Reserve your storage unit today!